Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I Can't Resist-

This story is just too good to not post:
Since our move (well, more like a few weeks before our move) Sandy has been needing to work a lot of nights to accommodate customers; last night was no exception. All went as it usually does, he leaves, girls play, eat, bath, then bedtime. Unfortunately, last night, Eli was having one of her "nights." Anybody who knows Eli knows that she has never been the greatest of sleepers. She'll have a few good, solid nights of sleep here and there, sprinkled with nights of simply not wanting to sleep. Sometimes all it takes is a simple, "Go back to sleep, Eli." Other times she winds herself up in to a fit, waking up the whole house, going through every excuse in the book just to avoid sleep. You just never know what to expect so you ready yourself for the worst and hope for the best. Last night sat right in the middle. Evidently, she woke up and crawled into bed with Livi which, of course, woke up Livi. After putting Eli back in her own bed and getting Livi back to sleep I decided to wait until Eli was asleep before returning to bed myself, just to make sure there wasn't a repeat. FINALLY, Eli was back asleep, so I went back to bed. That's when I got a text from Sandy telling me he was on his way home but forgot his house keys. I told him to text me when he got home and I'd let him in. No biggie. Unless, of course, you don't hear your phone and sleep through the text messages resulting in your husband being locked out of your home! And that's exactly what happened. Now, in my defense, besides being up so much with the girls last night I'm dealing with a stupid cold and ear infection, so not feeling well combined with dealing with the girls sent me in to a deep sleep really quick once I had the opportunity. When I woke up I realized I never got any messages, thought, "Uh-oh!", and rolled over to check my phone. Yup, 3 missed messages. Crap. I walked outside to find Sandy asleep in his truck! My immediate reaction was to laugh; I can find the worst situations humorous. So I did-it was really funny! Then I thought of the person asleep in the truck and wasn't sure how funny he'd think it was given the circumstances. I knocked on the window a few times but he didn't stir. A while later I tried again, got his attention (He was wearing noise canceling headphones! Once again, humorous!), got him to unlock his door and, with great trepidation, apologized. Then started to laugh. Good thing I have such a good husband cuz he was able to smile and tell me it was okay. Maybe when he really wakes up for the day he'll be able to laugh about it with me!

No comments: