Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Pity, Party of One?

Hey, you've been warned...

It pretty much sucks having your hubby gone so much. Him not making/receiving any phone calls or emails since he's "in the hills". Being given not so much a date of return but more of a general, "you can expect me home sometime between this date and this date, IF all goes well." And having the girls ask every day when dad's coming home from work and having to answer with, "I don't know." They're tired of the "All Mom, All the Time" routine. So am I. I'm hoping this little peanut is thriving cuz I sure don't feel like I am. This go 'round is kickin my butt. Here's to hoping it gets better in a few weeks when I hit the second tri mark. I hate my neighbors. Seriously, if I want to listen to music I'll turn on my radio. I've got my own kids to hear, I don't wanna hear yours over top of them. Keep them out of my driveway and away from my car. And enough with the smoking and trash. Or, at the very least, keep it in your house, not in your yard which then ends up in my yard. *it's only temporary, it's only temporary* Laying alone in bed at night and hearing all the "bumps in the night" is not conducive to a good nights sleep, let alone my anxiety level. I've thought about all the possible scenarios, escape routes, and plans of attack. Yes, there are some nights I am a little paranoid.

Not to say Sandy has it easy being gone so much, but this is my pity party and I'll cry if I want to.

2 comments:

Lacy said...

I'm sorry Ann but this made me laugh! Out of no where, "I hate my neighbors" and the "possible scenarios, escape routes..." I think you need to get more sleep. Sorry things are NOT allowing that! Maybe ask your "good" neighbors to watch the girls for an evening, put on some headphones and take a nap!

manda said...

I am sure you might have had some tears writing this out, but hopefully now you can laugh at it! Really wanted to try to see you this last weekend, but not sure how far away you are now from SLC. It was a crazy weekend, but a familiar face always makes things better! Sounds like we both could have benefited from a surprise visit! Miss you, and keep your head up! You are a fabulous, strong, beautiful woman and one of the best I know! Now go get some retail therapy while her hubby is working so hard!