"We said goodbye to the world for a day;
no phones or laptops came out to play.
We spent our time in the Majestic Outdoors;
the sky was our ceiling, the dirt our floors..."
We spent our time in the Majestic Outdoors;
the sky was our ceiling, the dirt our floors..."
We FINALLY got to go camping! Last Friday Sandy was able to commit to a camping trip. That is a BIG deal, his summers with work are so crazy busy! So we planned for the following Monday-Wednesday (woulda left sooner but I had a dentist appointment Monday morning). Our destination...STAR HOPE!! I was so excited!
I called my parents to let them know we were going; they wanted to try and come up for a day. Then my mom told me Tyler didn't work all that week either and suggested I see if he was interested in going, too. As it turns out, he and Laurie had already planned a camping trip...for the same days AT THE SAME PLACE! This could not have been planned any better if we had tried! We had such a great time! We learned Eli is a pretty descent baseball player; she not only throws really well but can hit the ball nearly every time! Her favorite part about camping was playing with the dogs. Livi is in her own world no matter where we are and it's so fun to watch her play. Grandpa brought a little shovel with him and that was her entertainment for most of the day. What she enjoyed most, she said, was going fishing in the creek. Shad was an easy going happy baby. It was a bit chilly so he looked like a cute little smurf the majority of the trip, all bundled in blue.
A little family history on Star Hope-On our drive there I started wondering why, of all places, we camped so frequently in Star Hope with my grandpa and grandma growing up. There are closer, more convenient places after all. So I made it a point to ask my dad. Grandpa had a friend that owned a ranch in the Copper Basin area who he would help haul cattle for. Also, it was simply my grandpa's favorite place to go camping. He had been several different places, but this place ultimately was the one he preferred most. I can understand why. I loved it when I was little and I love it even more now. Here's some pictures snapped throughout the trip-
Showing Ty how to pin the GPS coordinates for the Family Tree. Serious business.
(the matching clothes were purely accidental, lol!)



1 comment:
That looks like so much fun! I can't believe you guys have jackets and long sleeved shirts on! So jealous! The top picture is AMAZING! You just might have to take us camping when we come visit, because that looks pretty amazing! I love Livi's leg pose in the family pic!
Post a Comment