Monday, December 31, 2012

Year's End

We've had so much going on lately that my blog entries have had to take a back seat. I wanted to do a sum up of what we've been up to before the year ended though-so here's a huge chunk of it...


City Creek-the new mall in SLC. Laurie, the kids and I all went one Saturday (I don't think Laurie knew what she was in for, shopping with 3 kids LOL! Thankfully, they were pretty good the whole time). That place is SO MUCH FUN! Next time though, no kids.


For Thanksgiving we spent a few days in Blackfoot enjoying time with family. With Sandy's brother, Everett, in town, and their dad with connections to an airplane, of course we had to go flying! So, for 2 days, we sorta camped out at the little Blackfoot airport, taking turns going up in the air and taking in the aerial view (and slipping in a couple of "zero G's", my favorite part!). We had fun buzzing different people's houses that we know; the girls loved getting Grandpa and Grandma Moser's house and seeing them both running around outside waving at us. Shad was in heaven the whole time, sitting in the co-pilot's seat with dad and sharing the yolk. Uncle "Evoo" has a pretty special place in this kid's heart now!

Shadrik got to fly the plane all by himself!

Eli's favorite part was flying over gma's and gpa's house

Livi's favorite part was the zero g's

Day 2, getting ready to go again
I had a few days this December that had me feeling like I was barely treading water. Enter my mom. I had her come spend a couple of days with us so I could attempt catching up on things. Naturally, I didn't get it all done, but it sure was a big help. She was even around for part 1 of many fiascoes that took place this December...Once a year, rather than the stress of a Family Picture Session by yours truly, Sandy gets us all in to a professional. We got all dolled up and arrived for our appointment-right off the girl was a doof, Sandy and I did most of the work with getting the kids to pose and smile. The session after us took over and there we sat. During this time I overheard her on the phone because her camera is having serious problems and she can't figure out why, she blamed it on "some kids pushing buttons" (I was furious with her insinuations but left it at that). Because this couple's session was having such major problems that should have raised some red flags for me but it didn't. We finally got the picture CD without getting to view them, got home and took a look. Let's just say those pics won't be visited ever again. Sandy immediately scheduled a retake for the following weekend. Come the next Saturday we're all in the midst of getting ready, again, when we get a call to let us know the camera is broken and wants to reschedule. Ummm, NOOOO! UGH! So we quickly reconsider our clothes (I had us dressed so nice and formal this year!) and head out to the barn. And, despite me really not being in the mood, and the horrible yellow lighting the barn has, we managed a couple of pictures to at least have something of the day's prepping. SOOO, with little time and even less pictures, no holiday card from the Lilya's this year.

EliAnA~participated in Mini-cheer Camp last month and loved it!
had promotions and earned a new belt in her martial arts class
got a Kindle for Christmas with 4 books that she's already finished. We can't keep up!
is already counting down the days until her EIGHTH birthday!!!
 



OliViA~has danced at basketball half-times and a Festival of Trees
is obsessed with high heels and got her very own pair of high heel boots for Christmas, she just loves the sound they make!
is excited to be done with Sunbeams hahaha! And is really excited for the new Primary theme this next year, since it's her favorite song.



ShaDriK~continues to be obsessed with airplanes, helicopters, and anything else that flies
(bet you can guess what he got for Christmas!)
has developed quite the little attitude and going to church causes him to magnify it by 1000. No kidding-one Sunday during Sacrament meeting he could be heard yelling, "HELP! STUCK!" as he was sitting on Sandy's lap, in between tantrums. He has yet to make it through a whole Sacrament meeting.
BUT-when in the mood he sure loves to snuggle. This little man can give the best hugs and kisses around. If you are on the receiving end, consider yourself very lucky.
Oh yeah, he LOVES Sandy's teeth from Halloween.

                
          

We spent a couple of days in Blackfoot again, previous to Christmas. Tio Ty and Tia Laurie hitched up their dogs and took the kids sledding. Looks fun huh?! It was really fun to watch!

 Christmas day marks the first Christmas ever that someone had to wake me up! We had such a fun, laid back day!
Sandy with his new blades

some of the aftermath
    
Sandy's still busy with work and Scouts, and still loves both. He also still goes to drill once a month but doesn't really love that so much.
Aside from the typical running kids around and other "mom stuff" I'm still busy in the Primary. I despise the end of the year and vow next year to start on this stuff as soon as the new theme comes out! I also turned 32...but had a great couple of days for my birthday (yes, more than one). Aside from seeing The Hobbit (first "adult" movie at a theater in YEARS) and dinner at Jakers (OH YUM!) the next highlight was probably the day my parents came and played Just Dance with us, and actually danced!! (Don't worry, mom and dad, I won't post the video, hehehe)!

And last, tonight we'll be ringing in the new year. We hope it's a year that each of us can make time for what's important. We love you all and wish you the happy holidays we would have if a card was sent out :)





 

No comments: