Monday, July 5, 2010

Mondays Aren't that Bad

The girls and I have had a real treat the last 5 days; Sandy hasn't had to work AT ALL! We did "absolutely nothing" for a bit of it-that was so enjoyable-and we celebrated our Nation's Independence Day, taking advantage of Eli's hunger for learning and teaching her all about it and how it's not just about the fireworks. My parents, Sandy's brother and his friend came to see us Saturday and we got to enjoy some oh-so-good chicken, rice, baked beans, homemade salsa, pork and seeds, and some fruit pizza (I guess you could say we were celebrating all the different cultures that make up our great land). Today, Monday, was the last of those 5 days and we decided to take a drive out to Hagerman and Sandy showed us where his job site is. We let Eli explore the area a bit and we found a Killdeer nest with four eggs that she just loved to look at (Livi didn't make it the whole drive and was passed out in the truck-it's been a long weekend!). Once we got home we were invited to a formal ball. This was probably one of the highlights of the last few days and a good way to end as well. Eliana had this all planned out for our FHE. We all were supposed to wear our fanciest of formal wear, the girls with makeup and fancy hair-do's, and everyone was to be outside at 7 o'clock. What a fun time! I wish I had pictures of all of us to post but I guess I was having so much fun in the moment I didn't want to step out of it for snapshots. The four of us danced in the back yard; the girls ultimately ended up just running around, going down the slide and playing. LOVED IT! Weekends are great and Mondays aren't that bad!

No comments: