Lately everyone has been posting, blogging, thinking, saying etc what they are thankful for. While I am thankful for many things, I have been SO grateful for my awesome washer and dryer the last 2 weeks!
A few days before Halloween we ended up taking Livi into the ER. The poor little girl was having an allergic reaction to something...hives all over! She was such a little champ and was polite and cooperative with every doctor that examined her. She was ultimately put on steroids to put a stop to the miserable hives and benadryl to stop the itching (and wow did that knock her out!). She was NOT a fan of the steroids (I wasn't either, I hated the idea of giving them to her but alls well that ends well) and still states, on occasion, that she doesn't ever want her cherry medicine.
We racked our brains trying to come up with something that may have caused the reaction; the only thing we could come up with was laundry soap and fabric softener since I changed brands (over a month previous). That meant re-washing EVERYTHING!! Since then, no problems, so I hope that was it.
About a week later Eli woke up sick. Unfortunately, she was sick BEFORE she made it out of her bed. More laundry. Sandy and I ended up having her sleep with me and Sandy up in her bed so Livi would be able to sleep. She didn't make it to the bathroom once-MORE laundry. We kept her home from school Thursday and Friday so we wouldn't be sharing the love. Sandy ended up coming down with the same bug on Friday but had drill in Salt Lake so he spent the weekend sick, in Salt Lake. I, however, managed to have the same bug all weekend. *let me insert here how thankful I am my parents came over on Saturday to help with the girls, much needed for all 3 of us. And chicken noodle soup always tastes better when someone else makes it!*
I re-washed a bunch of things one more time in hopes of getting rid of any residual germs since Livi hadn't suffered through it yet (not to mention all the Lysol I went through in 5 days!) Then Eli had a relapse Sunday night! ARGH!! So, you guessed it, more laundry! Naturally, Monday was Livi's turn.
We are all on the mend now, so I am very grateful for our health. And a good washer and dryer that could keep up with us.
1 comment:
When you said you guys were sick I was thinking sick with "colds". That had to be the most miserable week (or two) for all you guys :( Hope you guys are done for good now!
Post a Comment