Monday, October 3, 2011

Can Can

I've felt pretty darn productive lately. My friend brought over some peaches. Lots of peaches. More than we could ever hope to eat before they spoiled. So my mom, dad and grandma came for a day and I learned to can. Now, I know I can can. We also did some freezer batches and even did some freezer corn and some zucchini. My grandma taught me how to make peach pit jelly, too. It was a very good day.
If that wasn't enough, my friend brought over more peaches a few days later, lol! I've had a song in my head ever since this all started...I'm sure a select few can guess (Movin to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches....millions of peaches, peaches for me...if you have no idea what I'm talking about and want in on the weirdness go here) So I canned and froze more peaches. And will be making more jelly. I love harvest time! We're looking forward to picking our pumpkins from the garden to carve for Halloween (and the girls already have their costumes picked out and a party in planning). We're having SO much fun!!


2 comments:

Lacy said...

ha ha! Livi looks like she has something else in mind with that knife!!! Saw a pic of Shad on FB…put a bow in his hair and he's Eli's twin!

Paula said...

It really was a fun day! Love, mom