Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tender Heart

Saturday, Eli came upstairs and was asking Sandy something. He noticed a tear on her cheek and asked her about it. She told us about a commercial she saw on TV about all these animals that need homes and it made her so sad she started to cry. She's got such a tender heart, especially when it comes to animals. It was also such a sweet moment for Sandy and me to, once again, be reminded of her kindness and love when she tried so hard to persuade us to help all those animals. On several other occasions she's tried very hard to convince us to help the poor children in the world by adopting all of them. What a little sweetheart she is!

Today, thanks to her teacher's request, I had the opportunity to go in to her school to help her class out with their reading. I get to do that once a week now-that is seriously fun! I really enjoyed getting to see her in her classroom setting. This also helps me get to know more of the kids in her class, which is an added bonus. She seemed pretty darn excited to have me there, too. I'll enjoy that while I can.

No comments: