Monday, September 17, 2012
Up To Our Ears...
Tis the season for good eatin! We've been up to our ears...in ears of corn. Sorry, was that corny? Ok, I'm done. But that's how it's been the last few weeks. It's harvest time in this blessed part of the world and a friend of ours has been more than generous in sharing corn on the cob with us-132 ears of super sweet "Candy Corn" to be exact- just last week alone (plus the "samples" in the last few weeks leading up to the mother load, in addition to a variety of potatoes). Saturday, Sandy and I took advantage of a sleeping Shad and the girls spending the weekend with grandparents (thanks again, mom and dad!) and tackled the task of husking, shucking, cooking, and bagging the corn for the freezer. We should be good for at least the next year or so in this yummy "tracer food".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
All I can think of is Jer, mock 10, corn flying ALL OVER the kitchen!!! Looks so yummy, everyone has been dong freezer jam and corn. I think I just might have to get a second freezer so I can enjoy some of this goodness too!
Post a Comment