Tuesday, November 6, 2012

October Stuff

I can't figure out how it can possibly be November already!! In some way or another we kept pretty busy last month-honestly it's a little aggravating. I'm not a fan of the "busy" excuse, but that's how it went. So here's how it played out-

We took the kids ziplining with some friends-all 3 of them-even Shad (he rode tandem with Sandy). I wasn't sure how the girls would do but they both surprised me and loved it-Eli even made it a point to try and go first on all of the lines! Both girls are convinced that's what we need to do when anyone comes to visit now hahaha, and talked about it for DAYS!
General Conference-always a great weekend but I must admit that Sandy and I missed it in it's entirety on Saturday. Instead we were helping Angel with her puppies. Yep, puppies. 6 total, 2 boys, 4 girls and seriously some of the cutest little things ever! That same day our little momma kitty brought her 3 week old kittens to the barn; the girls found them, and we determined after some serious observation that she wasn't going to care for them anymore. Ugh. So I found myself caring for them and wow, is that time consuming (and unfortunately is often a death sentence-2 fought and fought but just couldn't make it. One is still going strong).
Sandy and I moved our cows from one pasture to the other one day and thought we'd take the dogs with us to see how they did. Angel stayed right by Sandy the whole time but Ruger surprised us both and did all the work carefully driving them right where we wanted them with guidance from us, sans previous training! I've never had a move go so easy-it was so fun I wanted to do it again!
The normal stuff played out as well; dance, martial arts, vet appointments, dentist appointments for the entire family but on different days, primary meetings and scouts, drill weekend, and of course, a few Halloween parties! We had a fantastic chili cook-off with our ward, too, and not to brag but Sandy and his scouts made some pretty amazing chili (mine didn't turn out too bad, either)!  Eli took some initiative that day and invited her non-member friend and her mom to come, and surprising both Sandy and me, they came, so that made it all the more fun for us that night. Shad wouldn't hold still for a picture to save his life though. As always, the kids chose their own costumes, minus Shad but I don't think he minded this year. Eliana opted for Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, Olivia couldn't make up her mind between Rapunzel and a Fairy Princess so she was both. Shad has developed an enormous fascination with planes this last month, story to follow, so we thought being an Air Force Pilot was appropriate. Sandy was a clown and kept all the kids in the ward entertained with his clown tricks and I was a Candy Corn (hey, I gotta get use out of my shoes!).



Shad and Airplanes-I'm not sure how or what made him suddenly take such interest but maybe he just made up his mind one day and went with it-he heard one outside, ran to the window and was making all sorts of noise so I took him out to look. It's been like that ever since. He sees airplanes and gets so excited! I found him some clothes and shoes with planes on them-putting his shoes on now isn't nearly the chore it used to be. And it's a real treat for him when we go to Utah for drill weekend since Ty and Laurie live so close to the base.
I'm sure I forgot a thing or two but I guess if I forgot they aren't blog worthy haha! Either that or it's just another post later.

No comments: