Last month we had our first ER visit with Shad. It will be fun for him, in a few years, to tell about his first visit and why he was there in the first place...nothing major, thankfully. I had some primary stuff to get done and was at my computer when Shad came to me pointing and saying, "nose", then getting fussy when I didn't really acknowledge him. He sneezed and I suddenly thought I needed to check up his nose. He'd crammed a bead up his nostril! It was low enough that I was able to pop it right out but even after it was out he was still complaining and sneezed again. So I took another look and, wouldn't you know it, this kid had shoved not one but TWO beads up the same nostril! The other bead was up too high for me to even try and retrieve so off to the ER we went. When we (finally) got back for him to be examined the Dr tried a couple of different methods but to no avail. He disappeared, came back with 3 nurses, one of which wrapped Shad up like a burrito, then all 3 essentially laid on him to keep him down while the Dr suctioned the bead right out. He said we were lucky as most parents are unaware of anything up their child's nose until it starts to smell and rot. Oh man am I glad it didn't come to that! It had him traumatized for a few days; he would randomly remember the incident and say, "Bed. Nose. Scared (or Scarem)." And while he still brings it up occasionally, I'm not totally convinced he was scared enough to not ever try something like that again!
![]() | ||
| the bead the Dr retrieved-they came off of a headband the girls USED to wear (read:I threw it away after this incident) |
Livi Wisdom: For those who know Livi well, or even just a little, you would probably understand this. She's full of it and is always a source of entertainment, usually unintended by her. A while back, in primary, the sharing time was on Temples, marriage, and forever families. The kids were asked if they planned on going to the temple to be sealed when they're older and Livi said, "Nope, not me!" So we've had a few lessons on temples since then. During one of them we got on the topic of Angel Moroni and why he's on most of the temples. This is when we learned that Livi actually thought he was cupid since the temple is where we go to get married and people fall in love.
Recently, another sharing time was on the creation and each class had a different day assigned to them. Livi's class had the second day and when it was their turn to stand and share her teacher said, "Livi knows, ask Livi." So Olivia's response to what was created on the second day was mermaids, and whales.
Olivia also loves... really, really loves, giving talks, scriptures, and Articles of Faith. She practices all week long and, by Sunday, she doesn't need, or want, any help and honestly, does a fantastic job! Needless to say, she's a source of enjoyment for much of the primary. The leaders especially enjoy her :)
This little girl isn't all funny, however. She's also very thoughtful and sensitive. She never forgets Eli in her prayers. She is a big help keeping an eye on Shad. She still misses her kitty, Puppers. And for Valentine's Day, she had a secret. She told Sandy she wanted to get me flowers. So the day after, Sandy was able to pick her up from school and take her to town, where she saw these...
... and got them on her own accord (and with dad's $) for me. Made. My. Day!
Eliana has a friend who has been in her class since Kindergarten. He's also in primary with her. They've had a few play dates and get along really well. Well, a couple of weeks ago was scout week so the scouts got to wear their uniform to school one day. On the way home from school on this particular day Eli was telling me that (name omitted) wore his uniform to school and, "he looked SO handsome! All the girls went gaga over him!" She's also been told that he really likes her and has a crush on her. It's been cute to watch and Eli really enjoys goading Sandy over it (they like to tease each other over this little boy, Sandy "playing" the overprotective, you're too young, stay away from boys" dad and Eli telling him every detail).
Eli is still CRUISING through books; we are so glad we decided to give her a Kindle for Christmas! She's also been to a couple of friend's baptisms which has only made her all the more excited for her own. I think she brings it up at least twice a week and we're still 7 months out!
For Valentine's our Stake had a dinner/dance for the adults on Friday. We had 2 girls from our ward volunteer their time to watch our kids (I LOVE having babysitters volunteer!) so Sandy and I enjoyed a night out, all dressed up! My sweetheart even went as far as getting me a corsage and, the best part, it was HIS idea (so I made him a boutineer, too). And since this is for memory's sake, some detail. They had sign-ups for different dishes for the dinner. I signed up to help make Alfredo. The problem came when we showed up and realized this wouldn't be a "help yourself" dinner but rather, "the YM/YW will serve you and you get what you get". Oh. Darn. Not everyone can, or should cook, let alone volunteer to share their food with others! I don't claim to be an amazing cook or anything, but I do know when something is good and when it isn't. The alfredo I was served, wasn't. But, even though dinner wasn't spectacular the night was fun sitting with friends and getting to laugh and talk, dance, and even get our pictures taken (which I'm still waiting on so there's no pic yet).
I guess that's all I can remember for now-as soon as I hit publish I'm sure I'll think of something though! Oh well...'til next time...


No comments:
Post a Comment