Saturday evening Eli informed me that she wanted her hair curly on Sunday. She's no novice when it comes to hair do's-she knows what methods it can take to achieve curls, but she was still willing. That night, the chosen method was spongy curlers. We did them just before bed so that when she woke up she would have her curls. Once I got all the curlers in place she said, "Mom, I think I need something cushy and squishy so my curls don't hurt." I tried explaining that the curlers were spongy and soft and wouldn't be much of a bother but she persisted so I told her to go to the bathroom and get ready for bed while I thought of something. What on earth was I going to put on her head to make it soft and squishy?! My sister and I wore bandannas around our curlers at night to help our "softness issue" when we were little, but I had no bandannas, or the like, on hand. Then, I got an epiphany! A hood! I happened to have a soft and squishy type hood that zipped off one of my jackets and, fortunately, the idea suited Eliana just fine. Here's the results, first in just the curlers-

I didn't think to get a picture of her in her hood until she fell asleep-
The next morning she came in to wake up me and Sandy; she'd slept in the hood all night (and yes, I really did have my camera at my beside)!
And lastly, here she is with the curlers fresh out of her hair. She couldn't have been happier with the curls, haha! It may not be my hair style of choice but she was happy and that's what counts!
1 comment:
Oh. . .she is so cute :D
Post a Comment