Thursday, May 20, 2010

Proud? You Bet!

Eliana graduated from preschool today! It seems there is a lot of pomp and circumstance for preschool graduations nowadays, and rightly so. Those little kids have worked so hard for it! It's amazing the amount of work they do and how much they learn. I won't turn this into my soap box about the demands on kids these days or kindergarten being the "new first grade". This is Eli's big day, a precursor to kindergarten, and she's earned it! She was so glad her Grandma Lilya and Grandma Moser came, as well as her Uncle Jer, Aunt Lacy, and cousins Troy and Brock! Here's a few snapshots-

This is Eliana's photo from "Picture Day"-

Eli and one of her friends reciting a nursery rhyme at Graduation-

Eli receiving her diploma-she earned a "Bachelor of Rhymes" degree-

These are Eli's teachers, Ms. Kari and Ms. Kim-

The family shot (can you tell she's had enough pictures?!)-

And the Graduate!-


Last up is a clip of one of the nursery rhymes she recited, followed by what she wants to be when she grows up (keep in mind this changes every day so it's always a surprise!)



1 comment:

Lacy said...

Hey kiddo, this is Jer Bear. Just wanted you to know that I am really proud of you! I really can't believe how big you are already and that you kids memorized so many rhymes! It has been a great pleasure to be your uncle and watch you grow. Look forward to continue supporting you in all of your future adventures and desires. Just remember that if I am not there in person I will definitely be thinking of you. I love you very much!!! You told me that you want to be "everything" (nurse, mom, teacher, doctor, dentist, superhero, and the police) when you grow up. Just remember if you are willing to work at it anything is possible.

-Jer Bear