Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Halloween That Never Ends

You would think with Halloween landing on a Monday this year most, if not all, of the festivities would take place that day, as opposed to it being on Sunday. Well, that's what I thought anyways...boy was I wrong!
We grew pumpkins in our garden this year and ended up with about 21 total, ranging in size from little to carving size! We spent one weekend with grandparents here decorating a few with funny faces.
We took another night and carved a big one. The girls get into it more and more each year; cleaning the guts out is the funnest part for them.
Eli had her class party on Friday; Livi, Shad and I went to part of it, too.
Saturday we had a Halloween party. I was selected to host a Monster Halloween party by a company and they sent out a box of fun goodies for the party, too. That was a good time! Then, Sandy took the girls to our ward's Trunk-or-Treat that night (Shad was sick so he and I stayed home).
We even got treats in church Sunday-mostly to celebrate the Primary Program being done (hallelujah!). After church we got to enjoy a fun dinner with friends.
Monday-Halloween-Eli had another, small class party, with it being Halloween and all. Then we all went trick-or-treating that night.
And yes, one more day, Livi got her preschool party on Tuesday.
Phew! It's over, decorations are put away til next year, and the girls are already discussing what to be!

Silly face pumpkins

The cleaning of the pumpkin plus the finished result, with clean kids.

Eliana was a Lalaloopsy (I didn't know what it was either-now I do. It's a doll, quite a popular toy within her circle of friends). The one she's dressed as is known as Pillow Featherbed.
Olivia was also a Lalaloopsy (after thinking she would be a red crayon, a butterfly princess, or Rapunzel. She ultimately decided being like big sister would be best). She's dressed like Spot Splatter Splash. And now you are now in the Lalaloopsy know :)
Shad was the cutest little teddy bear. Ever.
Sandy=clown
Ann=bubble gum machine (use your imagination people!)


1 comment:

Lacy said...

Your pumpkin harvest looks great…along with the carvings! Wish we all could have halloween partied together. Shad's bear costume reminded me that I need to pull out Troy's bear costume for Brock to use for dress up :)