Sunday, April 14, 2013

So Much

So much for staying on top of my entries; and so much has been going on!

March: Our primary presidency was released! I'll leave the details alone, but suffice it to say a change was necessary. I've been sub-ing almost every Sunday since and was called as an Activity Day's leader. The best part? It's with the 8 year old girls so I get Eli's group; we're both pretty excited about that!

We spent quite a bit of time at my mom's and dad's this month as well; the kids all LOVE grandpa's new parakeets, especially Livi. I have little doubt she'll be the proud owner of her dream bird, a scarlet Macaw, at some point in her life.





Our little Angus herd grew by 2 this month; we now have Shamrock and Verde-this was pretty exciting! Hopefully a 3rd isn't too far behind. Honestly they're not exactly pretty when they're big but when they're babies they sure are cute!



Shad is now "officially" terrible as he turned 2 in March, though, he's been staking claim to that title for some time, the little stinker! Whoever said girls are more dramatic is someone I consider completely off the mark (atleast until the girls hit their teen years). But there's another post for this kid coming up.

The following picture was taken on the way to dance and karate one Thursday. This is a very rare sight; it's normal to find Shad passed out on the little trip, Livi sleeps on occasion, but NEVER Eli. So to see all 3? Pic worthy. I giggle about Eli's little toes in the bottom corner; she was pretty relaxed with her leg propped up on the back of my seat.



April: We got to enjoy a fun visit with my sis and her cute little boys over springbreak/Easter. Eliana and Olivia absolutely adore their cousins and every moment spent is precious to them. They anticipate their next visit before the current is even over. I feel like we're pretty lucky, too, as they all get along pretty darn well (as far as kids go).

For Easter weekend we spent it in Blackfoot and it was the first time in years the family was all together! We had so much fun eating, visiting, painting easter eggs, and we even had an absolute RIOT playing some Minute to Win It! I think the favorites among(st?) everyone were the oreo game, tissue boogie, Tio Ty's Cotton Nose and Tia Laurie's Elephant Walk. We're already excited to do this again in a few months so Uncle Jer Bear can participate!!






I love this pic of Livi-it pretty much captures the essence of the night, however blurry. She and Brock were doing the "Tissue Boogie" for our Minute to Win It night.

I didn't get many pics of the night I was either getting the games ready or simply too busy having fun myself, but here's another of Livi, this time doing the "Can Can".
 
Tio Ty and Grandma doing the "Tissue Boogie"

 My parents had a fun Scavenger Hunt planned for each family for Easter and despite some initial "confusion" it was so much fun running around to all the clues! Everyone had so much fun this weekend!!

We also spent some time at Sandy's parent's house; here's a pic of each kid having fun at their Easter Egg Hunt:


Eliana is reading at a 4th grade level now; she devours books! And we got Livi registered for Kindergarten next year. She knocked that screening out of the park!

Sandy and I have been busy with all sorts of things but the exciting news for us is a new lawn mower...riding, zero-turn, all the bells and whistles, and the best part? Bye-bye push mower and hours and hours of mowing (mostly for Sandy hehe!)! It's a pretty big deal :)

I got to do a young lady's hair for her prom-it was a little nerve racking as I was so scared she wouldn't like how it turned out but she picked a fairly simple 'do (having it only partially pulled back and I sort of weaved it) and it ended up being so much fun! She looked beautiful!

No comments: