It's hard to find the time to sit and get all the stuff blogged that I would like and by the time I get to it, some of it is already unfortunately forgotten, but in an effort to preserve some of what goes on around here I still force myself to take a little time...
May- The first weekend was the usual drill weekend. Those weekends are becoming more and more productive for all of us; it's been fun!
That Sunday night Angel gave us another batch of puppies. No, I didn't get her fixed yet, obviously! This time, I swear! And while we all kind of wish this batch was the batch she had last time (holy cute and gonna be some awesome cattle dogs!) we're not keeping any. Not one.
Mother's Day found Sandy out of town for yet another week of work somewhere (like with every job, the longer he's with them, the more he's gone) but he and the kids spoiled me early with flowers (per Livi's request, bless her little heart!) and a cool retro style bicycle! The kids and I spent the weekend in Blackfoot and even though I was plagued by a super stiff, sore neck and killer headache (which I'm still working on btw, with a chiro. now...GOOD GRIEF!) we still had a fun weekend there, as we always do.
School started wrapping up for Eliana with not one, but 2 field trips and a few fun field days, a play, a school day at the city park, you know, the usual waste of the last 2 weeks of school! Just to note, for her memory's sake, field trip one was to the planetarium/museum and then to the Y for some swim time. The second was to our our local outdoor pool (the school was nuts for planning this one!) which ended up being a bit too chilly and ended on a sour note with a poor little boy going down a slide, almost drowning, and throwing up in the pool. Luckily, Eliana had already called it on account of freezing and was back changing.
Olivia's last preschool year ended pretty calmly. No pomp and circumstance (which was honestly pretty disappointing, though she didn't mind) but I think she's more than ready to be done with preschool and was nothing but excited for that last day, in spite of all the fun she's had.
Our little "terminator", as Eli has dubbed him, is still as feisty as ever which only makes us cherish his sweet moments all the more. People get a kick out of watching him and can't get over how busy Shad is. He just doesn't have it in him to hold still!
For Memorial weekend (or atleast, that Saturday) it worked out that we got to have Ty and Laurie plus my parents over for a BBQ. Food+Family always = Fun in my book.
So that's it, in a nut shell. Now bring on the crazy, already filled up, super fun, BIG month of June!!

No comments:
Post a Comment